litter this spring

litter this spring
curious little things

Thursday, February 17, 2011

One week old

Well Annabell did a great job this first week.The first 24 hours were scary for me because I was afraid some were not getting fed but everyday since then there has been eight full round little bellies.The fur is growing,the gray one has turned brown and the black one appears more gray,the pink is all gone and replaced with beautiful white fur. They have grown so much, I see a change every day. I bought a scale to weigh them and also to weigh the angora wool since you sell it by the ounce.Last Saturday the babies ranged from 1.4 to 2.3 ounces or close to it I forget exactly but I did write it down.Five days later i weighed them again and my runt is 2.5 ounces and miss piggy is 4.3ounces. One concern I have that may be normal is they don't keep covered up anymore in their nest.They still pig pile on each other so they have that warmth but nothing on top of them.I am probably over thinking this, I mean rabbits were having babies long before my time.if anyone has some awesome b names they want to share let me know.I have some ideas but I won't be naming them for a few more weeks. I want to get to know their personalities first and hopefully their sexes also.I will be selling some,will not be till April but if anyone is interested let me know or check out my ad in uncle henrys online.
one week old bunnies

No comments:

Post a Comment