litter this spring

litter this spring
curious little things

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

growing bunnies

These bunnies sure are growing up fast. They have double in weight in 5 days! All eyes are now open except one of the white ones, he keeps closing up. I flush his eye with warm water and artificial tears occasionally and it seems to be helping. Since one of the white ones jumped out of the nest box the other day I decided it is time to ditch the nest box. It is recommended to take it out between 12 and 18 days anyways. The risk of eye infections go up and they pee and poo so much now that it starts to become unsanitary. I placed a small board in the cage so they have an area that they can get up off the wire if they choose, the open wire bottom cage doesn't seem to be bothering them at all though.So as you all know now these cute things are not angora. They are a cross between jersey woolies and something else, maybe angora. they will make great pets though. I have decided to sell them all except the one I promised Genevieve. I may also keep Annabell as a pet too because she is such a good girl. I have plans on getting a french/german angora buck and a french doe this saturday in harrison if all goes well. I will write another post about them later on. I have added a video on my facebook page of the little guys playing around. i tried to load it on here but it was taking way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment