litter this spring

litter this spring
curious little things

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bunnies!!!!!!!

just a few hours old
This morning when I woke up I was very excited to go check on Annabell because today is her due date.When I went downstairs I was thrilled to see 8 baby bunnies! thats right 8! I only took a quick peek but they were all alive and squirming.It looks like most will be white,some white with specks and one is almost entirely black.Some of the kits are much smaller than others so I am afraid that I will lose some.I will be keeping my fingers crossed though.Arthur was spazzing out running back and forth in his cage and grunting, not usual behavior. He was clearly upsetting annabell so I put some cardboard up so she couldn't see him. I hope he doesn't upset her too much I don't want to think about what she might do. Later today I will cut up the fur she added because angora wool is so long the bunnies could get twisted in it, lose a leg or strangle themselves. If I cut it up into smaller pieces it will be safer for them. I have added a photo of them. It is not a great one because I was so excited and trying to walk on egg shells around momma.The bunnies pig pile on each other so that is why you may not be able to see 8 but they are in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment