litter this spring

litter this spring
curious little things

Thursday, April 14, 2011

spinning wheel

Gibbs, 5 month old chocolate tort german/english/french angora


Leroy my 1.5 year old french/german angora

my ashford traveler spinning wheel!
Hi everybody, I can't believe it's already half way through April. I am very excited that spring is finally here to enjoy. My father even heard the frogs peeping the other day. I think listening to the frogs peep in the early spring as the day is ending is so peaceful. Ok so this blog isn't about frogs, it's about rabbits. I just had that thought in my mind and wanted to share it. I am now down to four rabbits which is about where I want to be for now. My two bucks, Leroy and (no name) and two does, Black Beauty and Ashley II. The big news is I bought a spinning wheel!!!! It is called the ashford traveler. Ashford is a good brand name and the traveler is a smaller version and easy to transport. I have been practicing some but I am having my first lesson this coming sunday. I am practically jumping out of my skin to make yarn and crochet my first finished product from my rabbits. I now need to come up with a name for my farm. I want something original but something that people will know it is a fiber farm. When I sell my finished products I want to have business cards eventually. Any ideas are welcome. The photos of my babies are after they have been plucked so as they grow out their wool i will post more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment