litter this spring

litter this spring
curious little things

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spinning wheel

Spring has really arrived, yesterday was so nice outside. I am finding that blogging is much harder to do when the weather is nice. After much practice I can use my spinning wheel! I am still not very good but it is such an achievement for me. I still need to tweak the wheel some because as I spin the wheel keeps slowly moving away from me. I am going to a fiber farm in Augusta this week hopefully tomorrow. The lady there will show me how she has her rabbits set up and also show me her fiber studio. I am in need of wool roving,which is the raw form that I use to spin. I have my angora wool but it is easier to learn on sheep wool, plus not as expensive since I am making plenty of mistakes. My goal that I have set for myself is to have spun enough wool to make enough items to have a table at some of the craft fairs this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment